iş ilanı,StC is looking for Catch-up Class Facilitators
Catch up Class Facilitators Antakya Turkey
Save the Children is the worlds leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
Under the direct supervision of the Adolescent Friendly Center (AFC) Managers and the overall guidance of the Education Officer and Non-Formal Education Project Manager, the Catch-up class facilitators will provide the catch-up classes for adolescents and youth who are attending the Adolescent Friendly Centers (AFC) in Antakya and Iskenderun. S/he will lead on the delivery of Save the Children structured catch-up classes and be the technical backstop to all field staff conducting non-formal education activities with children / adolescents.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Deliver the catch up classes, including mathematics, sciences and arts, as well as English classes to the beneficiaries in the AFCs.
· Conduct program orientation for the catch-up classes with the beneficiaries.
· Coordinate implementation of the catch-up class in-line with defined objectives.
· Track the attendance of students and ensure timely provision of data, information and analysis to AFC team.
· Refer the adolescents and youth who are in need of specialised psychosocial support (PSS) to case management team.
· Inform the students on other classes offered in the AFCs
· Conduct end of semester examinations
· Keep in regular contact with the facilitators of other classes (language, PSS and skills) on the beneficiaries’ class performance, referrals to courses etc
· Facilitate Save the Children’s education teams in conducting relevant project activities.
· Keep a track record of project activities and ensure that the catch up classes and their timelines are followed.
· Track the progress and quality of work being performed by the participants.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
Minimum 1 year of experience in the education sector especially non-formal sector
Technical skills on supporting non-formal education projects (preferably accelerated and catch up programs)
Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including team leading and influencing.
Experience in delivering trainings.
Excellent written and oral communication skills in Arabic and English
Comfortable with high levels of ambiguity and able to take decisions independently in fluid context.
Commitment to Save the Children values and Child Safeguarding.
Experience with refugee/marginalized communities
Knowledge of Turkish
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply in English by sending your up to date CV with a cover letter as a single document explaining your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19th of August 2016 till 5:30 PM (Turkish local time) and mention the position that you are applying for to the subject section. The advertisement will be closed as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.In order for an application to be considered valid, a copy of the residency card must be attached with the application.