Save the Children is the worlds leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
The Education Officer is responsible for the day-to-day support for partner implementation of education programs. This entails ensuring actions taken support improved access, quality and outcome sustainability, and following up the implementation of the activities of the Education in Emergencies Programme in North West Syria. Supervised by the Education Technical Coordinator, the Education officer will be responsible for the effective delivery of all components of the programme in accordance with SCI standards, as well as SCI value and principles, and to provide the highest quality programming to beneficiaries.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Partner Planning and Support
Regularly liaise with the Education Technical Coordinator to plan partner project work plans are within the agreed timeframe, budget and quality standards, making and communicating adjustments as needed during implementation.
Actively contribute to the development of monthly, weekly and daily work plans in line with the detailed implementation plans including distribution schedules of programme inputs in line with programme logistics/supply chain capacity
· Lead trainings, meetings and/or workshops for partners’ staff and/or volunteers when required
· Ensure clear two communications between SCI staff and partner staff concerning day to day implementation, ongoing strategy, monitoring and reporting.
· Provide technical and operational support to partner’s education personals on an ongoing basis and make recommendations for institutional development and capacity building needs.
· Identify and report challenges to remove any obstacle that might arise during project implementation and communicate these challenges to the Technical Coordinator.
Input in monthly activity reports compiled by the Technical Coordinator as well as in stock consumption/inventory, and distribution plan as requested by Technical Coordinator.
· Facilitate and ensure peer integration delivery of the project among partners.
· Coordinate with other education actors who providing similar services to avoid duplication.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability and Quality
With support from the MEAL Officer, Technical Coordinator and Data Management Officer:
· Implement M&E systems in each project site s/he is responsible for, and ensure that the agreed tools are used properly.
· Working closely with the Knowledge Management and MEAL Officers support and check partners’ timely use and submission of project monitoring tools.
· Support partners and ensure that communities are regularly involved in all phases of the programming delivered.
· Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
A degree in Education, Social Studies or in a relevant subject and/or 1 year experience in this field
Experience in Education in Emergency for level of Primary and ECCD education at least 1 year.
Experience of, and commitment to, working through systems of community participation and accountability
Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
Experience in community liaison.
Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
Previous experience of supervising, coaching and/or managing people
A high level of written and spoken English
Experience working and building the capacity of partners on technical issues
Experience in working in a conflict environment.
Experience in representing an organisation in external meetings
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply in English by sending your up to date CV with a cover letter as a single document explaining your salary expectations to [email protected] by 28th of July 2016 till 5:30 PM (Turkish local time) and mention the position that you are applying for to the subject section. The advertisement will be closed as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.In order for an application to be considered valid, a copy of the residency card must be attached with the application.