Eleman Arayanlar,StC is looking for Data Management Officer
Data Management Officer
Save the Children is the worlds leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120countries. We save childrens lives we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
To create and sustain the information management system for each of the above sector portfolios. To use this system to help generate knowledge through periodic trend analysis and to help track program implementation status.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The Data Management Officer will be responsible for the following:
Data collection capacity:
Work with the MEAL unit to implement digital data systems that can capture data electronically as close to the source as possible.
· Help the sector officers and partners to build their capacity in efficient data collection and management processes, including support with software applications.
· Insure partner received data are cleaned, compiled and ready to be shared with PMs and MEAL unit
· As requested, support Cluster-led sector-wide data collection and analysis.
Information management systems:
· Work with the MEAL unit and sector teams to utilise the platform for the RIMS regional information management system or other related information management system.
· Work with the MEAL unit and sector teams to ensure that RIMS is functioning well.
· Play a key role in supporting training and roll out of RIMs.
Data analysis & use:
· Be the primary focal point with partners for data management, developing and maintaining FSL and Cash databases
· Become the primary analyst for weekly data, monitoring trends and highlighting concerns.
· Work with thematic MEAL officers in analyse the monthly partner IPTTs as well as other technical project tools providing feedback to the partners/SCI team(s).
· Support coordination, analysis and draft findings for FSL and Cash technical surveys as well as multi sector assessments, generic surveys and evaluations as needed.
· Coordinate with PM and MO to review monthly/weekly data submissions from each partner team, including MEAL plans per partner as well as project management tools.
· In collaboration with MO Provide monthly analysis and reporting (IPTT, to the MEAL unit as well as PMs through the reporting flowchart on achievements and issues.
· Develop analysis and top line reports for FSL and Cash to be communicated with internal and external stakeholders.
· Support the sector team(s) in donor reporting with accurate figures.
· In coordination with FSL and Cash MEAL officer:
· Support the MEAL and the PM in developing appropriate programme monitoring databases in line with the sector logframe indicators as needed
· Support the MEAL team and the TA with the design of data bases that correspond to assessments, periodic surveys, focus group discussions or key informant outreach.
· Become competent in relevant sector Minimum Standards.
· Maintain the confidentially of the documents/system and their contents
· Maintain filing system for FSL and Cash data in soft and hard copies.
· Perform other duties and act for the relevant manager as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
· Excellent experience in data collection and analysis, data management and reporting
· Strong skills in excel and other data management software (SPSS, Devinfo, STATA,NVIVO, easy maps)
· Extensive experience in knowledge and database management
· Fluent English and Arabic, both spoken and written
· Experience of training and capacity building
· Some experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
· Excellent communication and influencing skills
· Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
· The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
· Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
· Ability and willingness to travel in to Syria for occasional monitoring visits
· Education to BSc/BA/BEng level in Social Sciences, Public Health, Statistics or related field
· Previous experience working in humanitarian programmes
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply in English by sending your up to date CV with a cover letter as a single document explaining your salary expectations to email@example.com by 5th of May 2016 till 5:30 PM (Turkish local time) and mention the position that you are applying for to the subject section.