iş Fırsatları, Baytna Syria is looking for a Capacity Building Officer
Baytna Syria was launched in2013 as a networking, training, and grant-making facility for Syrian civil society organizations, offering support to CSOs based inside Syria and the neighbouring countries.
Baytna Syria is seeking to recruit a Capacity Building Officer (CBO) to develop the capacity building programs, to assess the institutional needs of Syrian CSOs, and to design tailor made support.
Contract Type and Length: Long term employment
Candidate starting Date: ASAP
Job Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Identifies capacity building needs with beneficiaries; prepares Terms of Reference for Training Experts;
2. Supports the design of strategies and technical issues concerning capacity development and institutional strengthening (including curricula for organizational development or public policy; different formats of training such as Training of Trainers; different channels of training such as online learning platforms);
3. Supports the design of the training and capacity development activities of Baytna Syria implementing partners based inside and outside Syria;
4. Coordinates capacity building activities inside Syria through the designated Field Program Officers based inside Syria;
5. Works closely with the Grants Officer to identify potential funding needs and opportunities of institutions;
6. Prepares documents to support the training and capacity development activities and establishes and maintains an electronic filing system to monitor training provision, maintaining new and archiving old training material;
7. Maintains effective partnerships with stakeholders, institutions, implementing partners to exchange critical and technical information and resolve program/project implementation issues to ensure results are achieved as planned;
8. Tracks trainings income and expenditure (where applicable) and contributes to tracking and management of the training budget, working closely with the Finance and Administration Unit;
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
At least three years of relevant experience, including at least one year of experiences in CSO management with focus on capacity building, staff development, etc.
Extensive experience in technical support work preferably in an international development organization.
Experience in drafting capacity building modules in a participatory and needs-based
their proper monitoring and evaluation.
Experience in developing online learning platforms and other forms of learning is an
Minimum Bachelor degree in a relevant study area such as education, political science,
development studies, humanities, economics, business administration or related fields;
post graduate degree is
Professional experience in Project Cycle Management (PCM)
Familiarity with the Syrian conflict, Syrian CSOs and stakeholders; personal awareness
Arabic and English are required, Turkish is an asset.
Readiness to relocate to assigned location(s)
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter via-email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 Feb 2016
and include the Vacancy Reference number in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted